Built in 1922 by the Lockwood Green Company for Industrial Textile Supply, the four (4) story brick and heavy timber building supplied the textile industry throughout the South for more than 75 years. Whiteside Industrial Properties and partners acquired the 50,000 Square Foot building, selling off a more modern addition and demolishing a second non conforming addition as part of the renovation. The Architects; McClure, Nicholson and Montgomery were able to preserve the Historic character of the design and the Contractor; David M. Sidbury Construction, erected a new 60’ tower encompassing the elevator, mechanical, restrooms and lobby for each floor. The building was granted National Historic Status generating tax credits and 50% reduction in property taxes. All of the original partnerships retain ownership today. The Historic Office building is a model for booming South End redevelopment in Charlotte.